Can You Pick Me Up From My Accommodation?
Pick up Area – We are happy to pick you up from your accommodation if it is located within the Northern Rivers pick up area. This area extends from Byron Bay in the south to Coolangatta in the North and includes; Byron Bay, Federal, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores, Murwillumbah, Uki, Pottsville, Cabarita Beach, Kingscliff, Chinderah, Banora Point and Tweed Heads.
Meeting Places – Or we can arrange to meet at the following meeting places; Federal Store in Federal, Jonson St Bus Stop in Byron Bay, Cnr Ewingsdale Rd & William Flick Ln in Ewingsdale, Yelgun Rest Area at Yelgun, Wharf St Bus Stop at Tweed Heads, Kingscliff TAFE on Cudgen Rd Kingscliff, Melaleuca Station, Murwillumbah Information Centre or Uki Pub.
Do I need Any Experience?
No kayaking or fishing experience is required. However the chances of you catching fish are greatly increased if you have some lure casting experience. Successful lure fishing for Australian native fish largely depends upon casting accuracy and technique. Your guide will provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need however your ability to present the lure where the fish are holding and execute the appropriate retrieve is the key to good results.
Why should I pay to go fishing?
- A good fishing guide will share all his local fishing knowledge with you on the day. This knowledge is actually invaluable as it takes many years fishing and often tens of thousands of dollars to acquire. Learning this knowledge on the day of your charter will dramatically improve your bass fishing long after the day is over. As the saying goes “10 percent of the fisherman catch 90 percent of the fish.” Applying this knowledge and with a bit of practice will ensure you are in the top 10%!
- With 2 people maximum on each trip your day out on the water is an exclusive guided trip. Included in the price is a courtesy pick up and drop off from your accommodation, lunch, water, tackle, all tuition and the best kayaks in the world!!
- Clarrie Hall Dam is a must see place with unparalleled natural beauty. Even without the fishing it is a great day on the water.
What do you supply?
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation (subject to approval)
- Tackle (rods, reels, lures, nets, pliers etc)
- Kayaks, fish finder, rod holder, Gopro mounts
- Drinking water, lunch, coffee
- Rain poncho
- Local knowledge and guidance throughout the day
What do I need to bring?
- Sun protection (broad brimmed hat, sunscreen, consider long pants and long sleeves as we will be fully exposed to the sun all day!)
- Camera (Gopro mounts are supplied)
- Shoes are optional as they are not necessary in the kayak. However they offer good sun protection.
- Tackle is supplied however you are welcome to bring your own.
- Snacks if you like
I have a bad back. Are the kayaks comfortable?
The raised padded seats in the Native Watercraft ensure your comfort throughout the day. With most kayaks these days the seating position has the feet at the same height as the hips. This can lead to a sore back and hip flexors in a very short period of time. This is not a problem with the Native Watercraft because the feet can be placed lower than the seat. When pedaling the angler is able to fully lean back in the chair for added comfort. The stability of the kayaks allows for periodic standing to stretch the legs.
What is your cancellation policy?
If we cancel due to bad weather– Northern Rivers Sportfishing reserves the right to delay, postpone, substitute or cancel a trip as a matter of safety for our guests and guides. We will make the final call whether to cancel for safety reasons on site at the time the event is scheduled to begin. If we must cancel for any reason, we are happy to reschedule where possible or we will give you a full refund.
If you cancel– 24 hours notice is required. Each cancellation will be viewed on its own merit in regards to a refund. However if you have paid a deposit with a third party you will need to correspond with them directly. The agent you booked through may have a no refund policy.
Do I need to have a fishing license?
No. I have a license that covers you for the day.